Certified Nursing Assistants
Seeking Day Shift hours
Learn American Sign Language (ASL) and culture sensitivity, while you work.
New England Homes for the Deaf (NEHD), founded in 1901, is a non-profit life-plan community that offers a continuum of care for Deaf and Deafblind elders, including independent and supportive housing, short and long-term rehabilitation services, a skilled nursing community, respite and hospice care. NEHD is the only organization in the Northeast dedicated to serving both the residential and health care needs of Deaf and Deafblind elders.
We are a CMS 5-star facility in Danvers, MA with an outstanding reputation for exceptional care.
- New competitive rates and excellent benefits package!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Friendly Staff
- Referral bonus program
- Beautiful surroundings in and around the campus
* Current nursing assistant certification (CNA) in the state of Massachusetts, or completion of program, pending state test for CNA certification
For applications and more information:
(978) 774-0445 ext 251
Social Services Director
New England Homes for the Deaf has an opening for a full-time Social Services Director. We are understanding and supportive of Deaf and Deafblind culture.
- Support the healthy emotional/social adjustment of Residents
- Identifies and understands the social and emotional factors underlying resident’s mental illness and communicates these factors to the treatment team.
- Assists Residents, their families, and Home employees in understanding psychiatric illness and accepting treatment necessary to maximize medical benefits. This may include where appropriate specialized behavior plans.
- Utilizes resources, such as family and community agencies to provide services for the benefits of resident, in order to enhance psycho-social and physical functioning.
- Participates in care plan meetings and keeps charts current with documentation from care plans.
- Plans and assists in providing in-service training sessions to both Residents and Staff. Staff in-service to include all appropriate training as managed by Department of Public Health.
- Assists in completing necessary paper work according to the regulations set by the Department of Public Health.
- Accepts referrals from prospective Residents, collects admission data, sends paper work, provides tours, and upon admission helps resident/family to complete paperwork.
- Provide ASL/English cultural and linguistic mediation through an ASL Interpreter.
- Works with MDS Coordinator and completes MDS sections, care plans and RAPS.
- Supervises PT Community Service Coordinator.
- Meet requirements to provide social services in long term care facilities in accordance to the Department of Public Hea
Must have a current, active license to practice as Social Worker in Massachusetts. MS in social work preferred.
Proficiency in ASL or a willingness to learn.
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
To get involved as a volunteer or intern at NEHD please contact Kristina Armor.