We are currently accepting applications for per diem LPN’s, RN’s, CNA’s for all shifts. Completed employment applications may be faxed (978) 774-0271, emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), mailed (Kathryn Melanson, Human Resources, NEHD, 154 Water Street, Danvers MA 01923) or dropped off during normal business hours, M-F, 9am – 5pm.
Social Services Director
New England Homes for the Deaf has an opening for a full-time Social Services Director. We are understanding and supportive of Deaf and Deafblind culture.
- Support the healthy emotional/social adjustment of Residents
- Identifies and understands the social and emotional factors underlying resident’s mental illness and communicates these factors to the treatment team.
- Assists Residents, their families, and Home employees in understanding psychiatric illness and accepting treatment necessary to maximize medical benefits. This may include where appropriate specialized behavior plans.
- Utilizes resources, such as family and community agencies to provide services for the benefits of resident, in order to enhance psycho-social and physical functioning.
- Participates in care plan meetings and keeps charts current with documentation from care plans.
- Plans and assists in providing in-service training sessions to both Residents and Staff. Staff in-service to include all appropriate training as managed by Department of Public Health.
- Assists in completing necessary paper work according to the regulations set by the Department of Public Health.
- Accepts referrals from prospective Residents, collects admission data, sends paper work, provides tours, and upon admission helps resident/family to complete paperwork.
- Provide ASL/English cultural and linguistic mediation through an ASL Interpreter.
- Works with MDS Coordinator and completes MDS sections, care plans and RAPS.
- Supervises PT Community Service Coordinator.
- Meet requirements to provide social services in long term care facilities in accordance to the Department of Public Hea
Must have a current, active license to practice as Social Worker in Massachusetts. MS in social work preferred.
Proficiency in ASL or a willingness to learn.