The Lead Interpreter will submit all requests via email/writing from department heads, with the exception of emergency/last minute needs. The Lead Interpreter will also maintain a regularly updated calendar which shows booked interpreter requests and staff interpreter hours so department heads can manage their schedules accordingly.
- Provide the interpretation needs for Deaf and Deafblind residents at NEHD
- Supervise daily activities of Deaf Culture Coordinator and ASL Teachers.
- Abide by the consumers ethics and confidentiality
- Awareness and sensitivity of cultural and historical references in both deaf and hearing culture
- Work with Deaf Culture Coordinator to set up monthly in-services promoting Deaf Culture and work with Activities to set up events for Deaf/Blind Awareness and Deaf Awareness week, etc.
- Must be MCDHH Screened, NAD/RID Certification a plus.
Deafblind Aid will assist Deafblind residents with daily activities. Must be able to communicate using tactile sign. ASL fluency is necessary. Must have a pleasant personality and be able to work well with others.
We are looking for Certified Nursing Assistants and Nurses to work on a per diem basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a drug free workplace. ASL classes are offered at our facility for those who do not know American Sign Language.
Please complete our employment application and send resume and salary requirements to
Kathryn H. Melanson
Director of Human Resources
New England Homes for the Deaf