Support NEHD

Giving to NEHD

Donations from our friends provide New England Homes for the Deaf with the financial assistance we need to continue providing our residents with the best available care and quality of life.

To give online with credit or debit card, please fill out the secure online donation form and click ‘Donate’ button.

New England Homes for the Deaf, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Federal ID # 04-2104760. Donations are deductible in accordance with IRS regulations. Please consult your tax advisor.

Other ways to give

Outright Gift of Cash

A gift of cash is the simplest and easiest way to give to NEHD. Cash gifts include personal checks, currency, money orders, credit card and electronic fund transfers.  All cash gifts are tax deductible as provided by law. Gifts may be given outright or pledged over time. If you prefer to use a check, please make it payable to New England Homes for the Deaf or NEHD. Please send checks to:

Development Office
New England Homes for the Deaf
154-160 Water Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3794


Name NEHD in your will. Donation is exempt from federal estate taxes.

Life Insurance

Make a large gift with reduced cost to you by naming NEHD as beneficiary. Possible income tax deduction.

Life Income Gifts

Life Income gifts come in different shapes and sizes. They are gifts that allow you to make a substantial gift to NEHD now, realize an immediate tax deduction.

Matching Gifts

Many corporations match donations to nonprofit institutions. Please check with your Human Resources Department to find out if your employer or your spouse’s employer has a matching gift program. It is a wonderful way to increase your gift to New England Homes for the Deaf.

Gift of Stock

If you own securities or other assets that have increased in value since the time of purchase, and if you have held them long-term, you may find it advantageous to give them to NEHD. Your outright gift of long-term, appreciated securities is exempt from capital gains tax and, in most cases, enables you to claim a charitable deduction equal to the full fair market value of the securities at the time of transfer. Please be sure to check with your financial advisor.